Sunday, January 9, 2011

Obedience is Not Just for Dogs

There are never any coincidences in God's world, are there? 

Amongst my daily bible readings are one psalm and one proverb. I read through Psalms starting at the beginning, getting the end and starting over again.  Currently, I am on Psalm 19.

For Proverbs, I read the proverb of the day - for example, today was the 8 so I read Proverbs 8.

Reading the psalm first, I ran across some scripture that was meaningful to me, and each day I share that which I find such on my Facebook page.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psalm 19:7-11, King James Version

The topic here, one that is recurrent for this particular individual, is to OBEY.  God said it so I'll do it right? Seeking His will and following His law is job one for Christians.  We don't even have to necessarily know why we obey, we just do it because we have faith in HIM.  Simon knew this when, even though he had been having a less than stellar time fishing all night long, when Jesus commanded him to oddly cast out their nets late at night and in deep water.  

"And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net." Luke 5:5, King James Version

Because I do believe there are no coincidences - and that God gives me lessons everywhere I am at - I was pleased once I moved onto Proverbs to get this message, again.

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
Proverbs 8:17-21, King James Version

Obeying God and seeking his ultimately fulfill's God's mission for us, glorifies his name and can help to make you happier.  We know God is good! Therefore, obeying HIM is the best thing we can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment