Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Vessel

I am a vessel. This vessel is a temple which contains the spirit of God. Within me dwells the same God who created the universe. I have become a part of His divine nature. I am united in spirit with Him. Therefore, I become a visual representation of Him to the world. That can be downright scary. How could I ever be a living example of God? Well, God gave us a perfect living example of Him when He sent Christ to this world. When people look at me they should see Christ manifested in me. But even Jesus said He could do nothing on His own but was led by the Spirit of God (John 5:19-20, 30). To manifest Christ I need to learn to be led by that same Spirit. I need to learn to live as Jesus did - doing and saying only what I see and hear the Father doing and saying. I need to quiet myself and tune into the movement of God within me. I need to be into God - not into my own mind or my own heart. It's no longer my strength or my will. It's God's inner strength coming through my spirit and God's inner will coming from discernment deep within my heart. He fills my entire soul. His river flows through me, consuming me and drowning me to self and bubbling up with Him. It's not about what I can do but what I can (and will) let God do through me. Life isn't about self-actualization. It's about Spirit-actualization. I need to eliminate self-effort. This doesn't mean I need to eliminate my personality or my uniqueness. It just means I need to let God use me just the way I am. I need in faith to yield my mind, my mouth, my heart, my hands and my eyes to His flow. Only then can I truly be the vessel completely void of self and fully consumed by and exuding God.

No comments:

Post a Comment